Many people find themselves confused by the Express Entry process. This flowchart provides a quick overview so you can make sense of how it works.

If you’re living in Canada currently and applying through the Canadian Experience Class, you can apply for a bridging visa once you have your acknowledgement of receipt (AOR). You’ll get this once you submit your express entry profile.

If you’re applying from outside of Canada, you don’t need to worry about a bridging visa. If you don’t already have a job lined up in Canada, you can use this time to begin applying for jobs and working on building your professional network in Canada.

how to apply for canada's express entry